1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alarm LED's?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ade_D, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Ade_D

Ade_D Member

[Jan 18, 2005]

There's been a couple of cars broken into in my street this week and i'm obviously a little apprehensive about mine. I have a Clifford fitted as well as the standard Audi alarm and both are always armed, but, is it possible to change the led's in the doors for ones that are brighter as more of a deterant? Has anyone already done it?
    The Clifford one is blue and is well bright but the standard red ones in the doors can hardly be noticed.

Cheers

Ade
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 18, 2005]
    Ade, search on Audiworld

Lots of people have changed them on the b5

Suprised you would want to though- my blue clifford lights up the whole car its so bright!
  4. Ade_D

Ade_D Member

[Jan 18, 2005]

Thanks Yaseen,

Yep the Clifford one is bright but if anyone fancies there chances with the Clifford they may think twice if they see 2 alarms....

Done a search on that site and found someone had done it and replaced them with blue ones...Didn't think of that, definatly a mod to add to my list... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  5. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

[Jan 18, 2005]
    yes its possible.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/blueled/blueled.htm

only thing with Blue is is WILL attract attention. People will walk up to your car to see it / look in

and the day you accidently dont lock your car, then its even more obvious its not locked, to anyone used to seeing these bright beacons.