Alarm help

jolly14

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a good nights sleep as i was kept awake by an eratic beeping from what seemed like was coming from the speaker in the boot of my a4 1.8t avant, now all my neigbours are out with there pitchforks.

Any help apart from smashing the **** out of it as it wont be long if it keeps doing it.

Thanks (1 very ****** off tired and moody a4 owner):banghead:

Apparently it's the alarm battery that needs changing. My previous A4 used to give off three or four beeps periodically at start-up. Sorry I cant help with a solution.

It does indeed sound like the batteries in the alarm siren are low. The siren is a sealed unit and quite epxensive (£80 is from memory). Or there is a guide from the TTforum HERE which details replacing the internal battery yourself.

Thanks guys is there anyway i can get to it to unplug it, as its still going off now.
Its booked in at volksline tomorrow (thur) but is it worth paying the £60 to have it put through a diagnostic check when i could put the money towards the new siren.

I'd like to stop it with 4lb of tnt but i like my car

Its not something I've ever done to be able to help really. I'm sure you could have a look and if necessary unplug and put it somewhere soundproofed! Worth a try I would think.

I think i can see it right underneath the sub-woofer, does anyone know an easy way to get to it?? Or will i have to take the back wheel and plastic wheel arch out to get to it?? :think:

Good topic this... one thing i noted when my car was broken into last week was the alarm is so quiet!

Is there any way i can configure it in vag-com to give the car horn a blast too?

Cheers!

I think i can see it right underneath the sub-woofer, does anyone know an easy way to get to it?? Or will i have to take the back wheel and plastic wheel arch out to get to it?? :think:
youll need to get at it from inside the car.

remove the boot entry gaurd, 4 torx screws
remove the philips screw from where the rear cover slides in to,
remove the rear seat locking bolt (17mm spanner)
there might be a couple of torx screws in the side panel (the one just below the window line)
youll now need to remove this trim, its held in with very tight clips that are fixed to the panel, a trim tool will be usefull, theres 2 close to the boot edge, and 1 in the middle of the panel below the window

that panel should pull out of the way

now remove the sub unit, 4 bolts/nuts and unclip the wiring loom,

you should now be able to get to the siren in question.

If they're not too corroded then you can just replace the NiCad rechargeable batteries with ones from Maplins. But as said it's getting into the ****** thing without destroying it that's the problem. Also not sure if just disconnecting it will throw up any warnings or effect the immobiliser.

Here is the complete siren battery replacement and enhancement I did on my own Alarm Siren, which was fitted to my B6 saloon:
>>Full How To Guide Linked Here<<
Did this a couple of years ago and had no problems since then.

Last edited: