1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alarm going off for no reason

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by vorsprung dork, May 22, 2011.

1. vorsprung dork

vorsprung dork Member

just bought an a3 1.9 130 2 door of my brother yesterday! he has owend the car for over a year and has not suffered this problem! problem is when you lock the car the alarm sounds anywhere between 15 mins to 2 hours after i lock it! i have removed 2 magic trees from the rear grab handles! i have cleaned all of the grease of the bonnet catch an checked the micro switch is connecting and cleaned th connection block i have checked that the rear wiper motor is not leaking! i have removed all lose or hanging items from the car can anybody help please!
  2. a3tdi2001

a3tdi2001 Member

Does it give four short pips when you have left it for a while and go to start it? Fair chance it could be the rechargeable battery in the alarm siren.
  3. vorsprung dork

vorsprung dork Member

no mate it doesnt! wish it did then i could get to the bottom of it! its doing my brain in! thanks anyway!
  4. vorsprung dork

vorsprung dork Member

its a feckin spider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! found his web but i aint found him yet! when i do am going to feed him to the flys!
  5. quattro1

quattro1 Member

haha! he must be a beast to set your alarm off! pics when you find him! burn the biatchh!