1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alarm goes off for no reason and I also loose the key fob remote signal

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by gtvlew, Jul 7, 2013.

1. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

[Jul 7, 2013]
    As above , alarm goes off maybe once a month , when it does the both key fobs remote stop working, I have to re teach each remote ie number 1 and 2 devices for the fobs to work again, I thought it might be the battery on the car so I replaced that but it still goes off, I am at a loss ???
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jul 7, 2013]
    have you scanned for fault codes ?
  4. deano1978

deano1978 different gear

[Jul 7, 2013]
    this happened to me,but on most eves, the battries are going in the siren.
    managed to remove tuppaware sub ect (mine has amp removed and sub driver) and locate siren.
    just behind cluster and held in with one bolt.

since removed siren its not happened once,just need to carefully open it some how and rig in some 3.2 rechargeble battries.

the car locks and seems fine! anyhow when alarm was going off nobody heard it :O
  5. J88NER

J88NER Member

[Jul 7, 2013]
    Mine kept going off at random ... It's a cab I didn't realise the sensor is in the center console ....
    Had a handful of £ coins in the armrest ( car park money ! ) and the sensor was confused took them out all good now !
  6. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

[Aug 13, 2013]
    All sorted local VAG guy found drivers door at fault, cleaned up door contact points , been trouble free for a month now