1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alarm for my S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ballcrusher, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Ballcrusher

Ballcrusher NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW

ok as above wanting to know what would be the best alarm as im just about to upgrade a few things so wanting the best system......?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

I have the Clifford IG950, with IntelliStart and CallGuard. It's a bitch to fit around the Audi immobiliser, and the place that fitted mine never really got it properly finished.

Sends you a text message when the alarm goes off, and tells you which sensor has been activated. Also starts the car with the push of a button while keeping it locked and alarmed, and immobilised if you press the clutch or brake pedal. Does other clever stuff like starting the car automatically if the battery is running flat.

Thing is, if someone wants to break into your car and nick stuff, they will no matter what alarm you've got. S3s aren't difficult to break into but the standard immobilsers aren't that bad so they won't get too far anyway. Not really worth upgrading IMO.