alarm / door problem

chippie

Reaction score
Hi all could do with a little help if poss, I have an intermittent fault with the passenger door, sometimes when it is shut the interior light slowly flashes on and off until the door is opened and then slammed shut again, but the dis does not show that a door is open? Also sometimes the alarm will not arm or will go off once it has armed, again once the door is opened and then slammed shut all is fine, i have scanned the car with vag com and get a couple of faults, 01367 - central locking pump run time exceeded (likely leak), 01371 - Alarm triggered by door contact switch ; Drivers side, although it is the passenger side causing the problem and also 01370 - Alarm triggered by interior monitoring, I presume that it is the micro switch at the lock that’s faulty, can i just clean it or replace it? Or is it part of the lock. Thanks for any help

You can clean it, you will need some WD40 and a wire coat hanger to get at it ideally, a tip to to check that yuo are getting the microswitch is to look at the light at the bottom of the door, as when you make contact it will flick on and off.

If you do a search mate, there is a full thread about fixing this or a very similar issue, search for microswitch and im sure it will come up.

Its inside the door, just inside where the latch is, believe its white in colour.

When my passenger door is open my interior light and light on the bottom of door pulses. When I open the drivers door at the same time the light just stays on. Once doors are closed the light goes off like normal. Could the microswitch in the passenger door be causing the interior light to pulse?

Thanks