1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alarm being a tad strange.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by NGP A3, Nov 11, 2011.

1. NGP A3

NGP A3 New Member

Hi there,

Right basically my alarm is playing up and its driving me insane. If i unlock the car, get in and do whatever i.e drive about it is fine, when i get oput of the car and lock it the alarm starts to beep. If i then unlock it, open the passenger door and shut it and then relock the car, it doesnt go off, all is fine. I had it at a garage the other day and it wouldnt stop going off, they sprayed the bonet sensor with something and that stopped it for a while but it has started again. What i cant understand is how opening and closing the passenger door solves it. Also, if i do this without turning the car on it wont beep at all, no opening of the passenger door or anything??
    Can anyone help me as its driving me mad!!

Thanks

Nathan
  2. kite

kite Member

scan the car for faults, that should tell you what is triggering the alarm
  3. NGP A3

NGP A3 New Member

I need to find someone with a vag com to determine the problem. im thinkin it must be the passenger door, as opening and closing this and then locking doesnt cause the alarm to go off.
  4. kite

kite Member

you could check for broken wires in the loom between the door and "A" pillar
  5. Donny_DJ

Donny_DJ Member

My alarm was going off randomly a few weeks ago during the night.
    I did notice on the DIS while driving around that the car thought the bonnet was unlocked/open (flashing). Cut a long story short got a new bonnet sensor cable and now in peace :). Hope u get yours storted mate