Alacantra seats

• Thread starter imported_velcrobix
  • Start date
I

imported_velcrobix

Does anyone know a good place to get the blue alacantra on my recaros re-covered??? There starting to get worn.
Aslo, roughly how much it may cost?

only bought the car 3 months ago..... good going ah!!!

Alacantra is a nightmare any small mark shows. Try and get full leather to replace it. Not one of Audi's better ideas.

I think the alacantra looks class, i want to keep it. They were worn when i got the car, that why it was quite cheap -
they've gone all 'bobbly'. Just wondered how much it would cost to get them recovered - unless its possible to recon them??

I would stick with the alacantra, looks much better then full leather. Anyway soz can't help with your questions.

Mine is almost perfect and the car's done 72k reckon the prevoius owner looked after it very well!

[ QUOTE ]
velcro said:
Does anyone know a good place to get the blue alacantra on my recaros re-covered??? There starting to get worn.
Aslo, roughly how much it may cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this place, I have just had my A3 completly re-trimmed, black Nappa leather and black Alcantara, looks fantastic. I don't thinks you're going to be able to get just the Alcantara section replaced, it would entail more work and cost than a new complete cover. I'm going to post pictures soon, keep and eye out for them.

I've had the same problem... but a lot worse with my yellow alacantra (what a F""%£^% stupid buy that was) I've had the car for nearly a year and however much TLC the seats get they just wont stay perfect, I've been thinking about this but as I've done over 30,000 miles in the last nine months it's to be expected I guess.

clcollins - how long did it take to do and how much did it cost as I really like the look of my car, just wish it would stay clean and new looking! :)

[ QUOTE ]
god_thats_quick said:
clcollins - how long did it take to do and how much did it cost as I really like the look of my car, just wish it would stay clean and new looking! :)

[/ QUOTE ]

The new covers take about 5-10 to be made up, then there is booking the fitting shop slot. From ordering to fully fitted took two weeks for me, but that was only because I couldn't get there sooner. The workshop is worth seeing, you may think that there is just a couple of guys, actually there is about 10, each one does one part of the car, therefore it only takes half a day to fully fit. The price is £995+VAT for the covers and fitting (PM me), I went for Nappa leather, which added another £100; I think it was well worth it.

There are many options available, perforated leather, carbon fibre effect embossed leather (which is a lot better than it sounds), alcantara, all the colours you can think of, logos’ can be stitched anywhere, I have had the Audi 4 rings logo stitched in black on every headrest, looks good, not too max power.