1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AKE 2.5 tdi fault code 550

samiam Oct 25, 2011

1. samiam

samiam New Member

My allroad has a nasty hesitation. 2.5tdi ake engine. 200k. The fault code that keeps coming back is 550 'start of injection regulation, value above upper control limit'
    This points to a fault in the injection pump, but I replaced that new about 20k ago, a suggestion is the needle lift sensor (part of injector #3)
    Has anyone played this game before?

2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Who adjusted the timing ? Usually the pump timing slips a little or the belt stretches so it goes out of the optimal timing window... Where abouts are you based ?

3. skyegtb

skyegtb New Member

Hi adamss24, can I ask you a question about injection timing? I have VAGCOM and can check my timing on my AKE engine no problem, but if I want to adjust it can this be done without putting the front of the car in the service position? Thanks in advance,
    Angus

4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Hi mate, if you have vag com, select engine -> measuring blocks 04 -> switch to Basic Settings -> TDI Timing, then select the last engine from the drop down box (AFB/AKN/AKE/BAU/BDG/AYM,etc.) and see where the plotted line is. The coolant needs to be at 80 Celsius with the engine at iddle. If it's too retarded then slacken the 3 bolts from the right hand side sprocket and carefully turn the pump clockwise a few mm ! Then start the engine again and repeat the steps above to get the plotted line just above the middle line, close to the top line. Small adjustments make big difference !