Airvent boost pod

Drewvic

Reaction score
Well after a noce little xmas present of a boost guage im trying my hardest to find a airvent boost guage holder
I have seen thesr on here but cant for the life find it or find them on ebay anyone help much appteciated

ive bought one from there, seems okay. Not married it up yet tho. Has anyone got a good picture guide to help me put this in the drivers vent? All the guides seem to miss the pictures or where to drill the holes , cut wires etc
Cheers.

I got an SWG one from EBay a couple of weeks ago. The Leon one is exactly the same, so search for that as well as for A3. They had them on offer for £29, but also had a couple on auction. Got mine for £20 in the end. It's a neat piece of kit, but very expensive at £40 for what it is. Not fitted it yet- need a gauge lol :)

Reactions: Jersey
I fitted mine a few weeks back, if you have a newer a3 then you best have a file ready because this thing is waaay too big to fit in the vents, had to file a good 6-7mm off 2 edges to get it in.
Shouldn't need to drill any holes inside the vent, there is already a hole there which is big enough for wiring and vac hose. The hole that gets drilled under the scuttle panel is up to you, I drilled through the plastic lid next to the large gromit.

lavis lavis lavis
now then
whats hat about drilling hole under the scuttle panal???

hahaha just pm'd you thanks for that yeah doesn't look like they are but ive saved as a seller and ill contact them to find out

I've been playing at making a couple of these,
I've currently got the expensive one from awesome gti fitted but will hopefully fit one of the items I'm making and sell the others. I will post a thread about how I've been making them soon

hi paul yeah I would be very interested I how you have been making them and what they look like for sure

Sorry for the delay... I will throw some pictures up in a bit... Having three kids here is keeping me busy lol

Reactions: voorhees
Hi Guys,

Thought i would give a quick update. Finally managed to get around to trying to fit the air vent gauge face. Annoyingly it was as straight forward as hoped, it wasn't a flush fit and needed sanding down. The following two pictures are a before and after. Sorry the first one was in the sun, so a bit of glare.

IMG 2141

IMG 2142

Hopefully i finish this tomorrow, not 100% on where to put t-piece into the DV, so going to have a look tonight on guides to get it right.

That is the one from the link above, i just bought the face that pops into your existing air vent. You have to remove the slats and sand down the piece lots to get it too fit properly.

seems a lot of money then from there and still have a lot of work to do to mod it to fit doesn't it does it look ok though after you having to sand it also jersey what way did you remove the exsisting vent?

Yes it is expensive for what it is, and very annoying it doesn't fit 100%. I so far haven't removed the whole unit, i have wires attached to it as the wheel illuminates at night. I couldn't seem to disconnect the wires without cutting them, so i resorted to doing the job where it hung. Hoping i can finish the job without cutting the wires. To pull the vent out i used a small flat head screw driver and the handle of a skinny spoon, pry gently underneath the vent and work your way around, and pull!

I see ive found some trim removers on ebay that look quite useful as I need to remove my centre vent aswell as its broke will try the sppon and driver thing though, yeah I have seen the wires on them at the breakers yard cant quite understand how they disconnect though

when you take the lower part of the dash off there is a connector for those wires, i cut mine where it hangs to spice the light in for the gauge. i had to sand mine down quite a bit as well, was a awful fit!

thankyou very much lavis, my boos guage is actually quite good don't have to run vac hose through, it has a part that sits in the engine and then the guage in the car and sends a signal to it don't know how that will be but testing and time will tell I suppose lol