1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aircon

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by markie A3, Apr 5, 2011.

1. markie A3

markie A3 Member

I know theres a specific air con section, but ive asked this question already..

Will Vcds detect if the compressor isnt running, my aircon isnt blowing cool/cold air at all. I'm not really sure what kind of noise the compressor makes so a noise test isnt much help. AOnce again sorry to ask in the vcds section

Thanks Mark
  2. a8 tech back

a8 tech back Member

yes look in address 08 open label file look at compressor draw amperage for operation
    a/c gauges are better for diagnosis but mvb will show you whats going on and the system pressure as well from the readings at the pressure switch
  3. markie A3

markie A3 Member

Thanks a8 tech......
    If its not running/faulting, will it show as a fault when the car is scanned?
  4. a8 tech back

a8 tech back Member

unlikely unless you have low pressure because the comp is duty cycled so the signal will still go as the a/c pulley anti seize pulley breaks away if the pump is foobar.
    Check the line pressure in the mvb, even with the a/c off then there should be some pressure

If you have sufficient pressure but the a/c will not start up without a fault code and the amperage stays constant then it normally indicates the pump but at this stage if pressure is present I would connect the a/c gauges to see a more in depth status
  5. markie A3

markie A3 Member

Thanks for you help fella
    a8 tech back likes this.
  6. a8 tech back

a8 tech back Member

no worries hope it makes sense