1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircon regas - DIY - Where???

hooley Jun 8, 2007

1. hooley

hooley Member

All,

Where are the points needed to re-gas the air-con.

Got a pre-facelift 1.8TQS, so I've seen what looks like the most likely points being front left justy in front of the rad, and back left near the brake master cylinder.

2 plastic caps - which one to use???????

Jas

2. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Front left.

Only one of the two pipes will actually fit the hose on the re-gas cannister.

3. adigraham

adigraham Member

Yeah front left, I did mine last week .. didn't notice any difference in it being any colder so i'm wondering whether to get someone to take a look as it takes ages to cool the inside of the car

4. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

I don't find the AC on the 8L's that good. I got mine serviced and didn't notice any difference. I set mine to low and adjust the speed of the fan down so it is not a force 10 gail blowing and have the vents pointing at my face. Keeps me cool or cooler.

5. adigraham

adigraham Member

Agreed!

6. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

depends how to cool down the air...

If you put the aircon on low and max fan and windows down for 2-3 mins while driving, it won't take long, then recirculate the air within :)

7. adigraham

adigraham Member

Havn't tried that!

8. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

I think the 8L AC is total rubbish. The girlfriends Puma is cooler.

9. twist

twist Member

Dont find any problems with it what so ever

Slap it on the temp required and within a min or two I am cooling down nicely. Dont really have it on very often anyway to be honest! Just put the Window down