1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircon Problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by geordiea3, Aug 26, 2005.

1. geordiea3

geordiea3 New Member

Hello all, My Aircon packed up last week. Got it re-gasses at my local garage and 2 days later packed up again!! Looked under the car for leaks and found a load of yellowy/green dye around the underside of the valance. Back to the garage I went, Cracked condenser!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Is £140 (inc VAT) a good price for the part?

Been thinking I'll take the front bumber off etc myself to try and save a bit money, as that'll probly take a couple of hours labour!!! Anyone see any problems with me doing that? (clips etc?)

Cheers,

Mick

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. I've heard of people getting condensors aluminium welded when the cracks arent too serious...

THe bumper is quite straight forward, just make sure you have lots of protection on the floor just in front and underneath as it can get a little unwieldy as its coming off and you run the danger of scratching it...

4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

there are often condensors for sale on ebay, I got one for £30 in very good condition. I see EurocarParts are doing them for £100+VAT too.

5. geordiea3

geordiea3 New Member

Cheers guys, I'll have a look around. Geting it done on the 5th so I'll let you know how it goes!

Cheers

Mick