1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aircon off for waterpump?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by easytease, May 5, 2006.

1. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

i had my car in the garage yesterday for the cambelt (after fontain's customer service let me down big time). '£350 all in with water pump' as i wanted the waterpump done, only and extra £50 whilst the car was apart.

so i get a call during the day saying they cant get the aircon pump off to get the waterpump off, they dont wanna force the bolts but for 2 hours labour (£125 all in) they can do it no problem by stripping the housing down or something. i said no ill just not have the pump done. then the guy goes on to say the 'plunger' has gone/heavily worn so that was replaced at a cost of £87.

so i picked my car up and was £427 lighter for a cambelt and 'plunger' change on an ADR engine.

what the feck's the 'plunger' though? and does the aircon need to come off to get waterpump out? i woulda done the job myself but i feared fecking up the timing...

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

[ QUOTE ]
    (after fontain's customer service let me down big time)

[/ QUOTE ]

What went wrong?

4. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

just lack of comminication. i called a week beforehand to confirm the booking, and check there would be a car for me to use (as its 40 odd miles away) and no answer. tried several times leaving several messages. in the end i left a message cancelling it.