1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircon Issue

n2w May 24, 2012

1. n2w

n2w New Member

HI All now the summer is here my Aircon appears to be playing up
    I have an A4 B5 1.9tdi avant 1999 model with the Climate control
    It was re gassed last April and work great but now if i have it blowing quickly e.g. if i set it to low or 18degrees on a hot day it cools down but seems very slowly to how i remember, if i drop the fan speed down then it gets icy cold a lot quicker.

Any ideas for this one

Thanks in Advance

2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

have you checked the pollen filter? if its blocked, it will slow the air flow down quite a lot... (reminds me, mine needs doing :D)

3. boost-addict

boost-addict Active Member

sounds like mine, takes a while to get icy cold, not tried half speed, weres the pollen filter? in the scuttle bay or inside?

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

At a guess, assuming ofcourse it doesnt have a leak thats let all the gas out, the drier is probably worn out and needs replacing.

5. boost-addict

the drier? is that the heat exchanger?

mine dont leak its got pressure and gets cold. not very cold but maybe needs regassing

6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

its a canister thing in the inner wing that dries the refridgerant

7. boost-addict

ah right, i know were you mean, down under the airbox behind the fog light drivers side
    any way of knowing if its shot?