1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircon Compressor Clutch

Speedy Steve Jun 19, 2012

1. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

Has anyone changed the clutch on the aircon compressor? Ive finally picked up a second hand compressor to swap the clutch out on as mines not worked for ages.

Any tips guys or will this sit in my garage like the WMI kit ive had in there for 8 months lol

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Just swap the compressor?

<tuffty/>

3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Agreed - that's got to be easier? It's 2 bolts...

4. Speedy Steve

but then that means paying for it to be de gassed and then re done

5. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

True....

6. Speedy Steve

And im a tight git and need to save money ready for the version 3 xs manifold

7. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

probably need regassing anyway if it's not been in use for a long time

8. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

tbh seeing as yours hasn't run for as long as I have known you its prob in need of a re-gas anyway... I would be tempted to do it that way myself...

There isn't much room from memory to get to the clutch anyway and no guaranty it will work once you have swapped the clutch over... if the other pump is a known good un I would just swap it and be done tbh... get it re-gassed and enjoy the icy goodness...

<tuffty/>