1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airco condenser access

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by KeesdeVries, Aug 1, 2009.

1. KeesdeVries

KeesdeVries New Member

Hello fellow Audi drivers,

Mine's a 2004 8P of which the condenser is a serious biohazard. I would like to clean it well and have heard about direct access to it, can anyone tell me how? I have Motip airco cleaner and it seems better to flood it directly than to fill the system from the engine bay/polen filter.

Greetings, Kees.
  2. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator

The condensor is in the front of the engine bay, attached to the radiator. Do you mean the evaporator, which is behind the dash?
  3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

It's a dash out job to get to the bug ridden matrix.
  4. KeesdeVries

KeesdeVries New Member

Yeah, yeah, I mean the radiotor in the dash allright! My mistake. I heard the is some kind of little hatch or a hole on the side for easy access?
  5. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member

It may be worth getting a quote from you local Audi dealer, they should use a Wynns Aircomatic unit. This uses Ultrasonics to release a fine mist cleaner that circulates the system to kill the bugs.

Minimum work involved but they will also change the pollen filter.

Paul
  6. hollow

hollow Active Member

pollen filter is accessed from under dash on passenger side little panel that slides over to right if i remeber correctly then pollen filter drops out with loads of **** all over your freshly hovered mats