1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbags have deployed/seat belt advice wanted please

vw754 Oct 17, 2012

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

Hi my mates car has had drivers side seat and curtain airbag deployed. A3 TDI 5 DOOR SPORTBACK
    They no doubt will get replaced,but theres a few question id like to ask:

Both front seat belts have locked.........can they be unlocked and reused?
    Can the driver seat (half leather) be repaired,once airbag is refitted?
    Can airbags out of a 3 door model be used?...IE The seat airbag?
    and finaly.......anyone know a top sh** hot bodyshop that dont cost the earth?.........in stoke on trent area?

2. Jameze

Jameze James

The seatbelts will have to be replaced. I think that they have a sort of explosive charge mechanism that goes off in the event of an accident, instantly tightening them and rendering them unusable - so I'd hazard a guess at you needing new seat belts and whatever else goes with it.

3. vw754

will i have to use seatbelts out of a 5 door a3 or are golf mk5/audi a4 ones the same?

4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

just get a new seat from ebay, new curtain airbag from ebay too... all these parts are laying around on there for fairly cheap. as for bodyshop i know a really good and well priced buy in Birmingham.

5. vw754

thanks ash,,,,,,,,very hard to get 1 seat in half leather........ive found someone to stitch/repair it today.....just got get airbag out of a 5 door,as tps have told me 3 door seat airbag and 5 door are different.

6. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

i'll be selling my standard half leather/alcantara front seats in a couple weeks, but i guess that doesnt help you.

7. vw754

how much?.......need 2 front seatbelts too

8. Ash187

im not selling the seat belts... lol i need them
    the seats... pm me for pics n details (you know how it is here, not allowed to sell unless classifieds blah blah)