1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag Warning Light

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_ZeroK66, Oct 28, 2004.

1. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Oct 28, 2004]
    hello all,

Last night, I had a few people pile into the car - moved seats forward to accomadate the people in the back, went to drive off and noticed the airbag light come on and it has stayed on since.

Any advice here?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 28, 2004]
    You will also need to goto your local Audi stealers to get the airbag light reset with a VAG-Com.
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 28, 2004]
    Yup. Happened to mine a few months ago. My local independent tested it, came back with an intermittent high resistance fault code. They re set it, it's been fine ever since. cost £20
  5. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Oct 28, 2004]
    i had this too, they reset it, it came back on, had to be replaced by the stealer, luckily it was under warranty, then it came back on again same seat airbag, had it reset been fine eversinse, wish i could say the same about the sunroof..
  6. excursion

excursion Member

[Oct 28, 2004]
    snoop - alcohol on the switch contacts will sort that.
  7. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Oct 30, 2004]
    you will only have done this if you have seat side airbags (which are an option I think on all except for the S4).

There is a common problem with the airbag 'slipring' on the steering colums on B5 A4's which was covered on my old '97 under warranty..

You will need to get the light re set with vag com and the fault registered may well be the slipring.
  8. excursion

excursion Member

[Oct 30, 2004]
    The911SC - all post '98 B5's actually had seat airbags as standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  9. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Nov 1, 2004]
    Mmm... so a stealer it is then. Next time I need to send the car in for suminc I will get it done then - no point in sending it in just for that.

Thanks for all your posts guys!
  10. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 1, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ZeroK66 said:
    Mmm... so a stealer it is then. Next time I need to send the car in for suminc I will get it done then - no point in sending it in just for that.

Thanks for all your posts guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst the Airbag light is on, NONE of the airbags in the car WORK!... this may void your car insurance in the event of an accident... BEWARE...
  11. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Nov 1, 2004]
    Honestly?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My driver's side airbag is knackered so light is on. so that means no other airbag will work!!! scary!!!

Anyone know how much to repair? Audi or independant