1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag resistors

951 Mar 23, 2009

1. 951

951 Member

Ive just fitted some new seats in a friends A4 and the airbag light has come on as they dont have airbags fitted.I seem to recall someone mentioning bridging the plug with a resistor so does anyone know whats size/capacity i would need ??

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I got some here, PM your address and i will post you some

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

They are 0.4ohm from memory.

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

When i find them i will confirm. They are also larger power too IIRC

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

is it not perhaps a better idea to look at recoding the airbag module to that of a car without the side airbags?

Seems to me i'd rather not be messing with resistors in my airbag wiring unless i really cant help it...

6. moschino

moschino Member

Audi did an official mod to disable the passanger front airbag for those who want to fit a rear facing car seat and do not have the ability to disable the airbag via a switch in the glovebox.
    All it consisted of was a plug which had a resister across the 2 pins. As far as I can remember the resister was small (Qtr watt) type. Didn't manage to workout the value from the colour bands, they wanted too much money for it!
    Jim.