1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag related question

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Bradderz_1988, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Basically just been to pick the misses up from work snd some idiot flew out of a side street infront of the car in front of me so he slammed on and ive bumped his car and mine, my seat belt pre-tensioners went off on both front seats so i want to know can used airbag ecu's be plug and play or even coded to my car also if anyone is breaking a TQS have they got the following parts :-

n/s/f and o/s/f seat belts
    airbag ecu
    o/s lower trim that goes under the front and rear doors were the seat belt anchor point goes through.

also i need a o/s/f S4 bumper support bar as i think thats took most of the impact but will have to inspect it next week when back in work thanks in advance.
  2. Mikemc

Mikemc Active Member

If its not your fault then go through insurance?
  3. Mikemc

Mikemc Active Member

Sorry just read it as you hit the guy who pulled out. Much damage to the car infront? Take it they sent going through insurance?
  4. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

Have seatbelts and ecu still, I'm not good with near and offside, have the passenger trim though. I think the insurance company will just write it off as uneconomical to repair regardless of blame
  5. Bradderz_1988

No ive said ill sort his car as im a mechanic and used to work for peugeot (his car was a 207sw) his bumper did its job and all it needs is the crash bar, think mine just needs the above oh and the o/s fog bulb back in the lamp unit lol

as long as i get his sorted first ill get mine done asap the bumper isnt to bad on mine pending further investigation on removal hopefully dont need a new bumper :(
  6. Bradderz_1988

Are the seatbelts differant between PFL and FL ??

also any one know part number for the TQS airbag ecu on a saloon ??
  7. griswold

griswold Member

8. Bradderz_1988

Can this be done with vagcom ??
  9. Bradderz_1988

Also is the trim im after the same for saloon/avant models ??
  10. Ian2012

Ian2012 Member

VCDS cant be used to erase crash data, you need the exact same part no for the airbag ecu ( don't i know i spent ages on this a month back) which if you can scan the car and communicate with it VCDS will tell you what the part no is, if not it's time to pull the climate control unit and radio out to have a look, i got my ecu from ebay for £5.00 used and fitted it worked fine and erased my codes.

ian
  11. Bradderz_1988

Cheers for the heads up ian will scan the car later and get the part no' so i get the correct one first time is it direct plug and play if same part number or is some coding needed for the ecu ???
  12. Ian2012

Ian2012 Member

it should be plug and play, mine was, part no will be something like 8D0 959 655 L no coding should be needed, might be an idea to jot down the workshop coding when you scan it!!

Yours is easier to remove as you can get the ashtray out, saves shredding your wrists like i did, i ended looking like a self harmer!
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  13. griswold

griswold Member

Problem buying airbag ecu off ebay might have a controller error 65535 which that reset tool can remove but vcds can't. the cold mornings at 5.am puts my light on just have to clear later but ok when warmer weather.. Also someone called sulli600 just cancelled my bid for an airbag ecu for no reason. I used the tool to clear crash data from wifes A6 so they do work.