1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIRBAG light

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Steve_N, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Steve_N

Steve_N Derv Power

Is there anyone in the Gosport area who has VAG-COM/VCDS, and wouldnt mind plugging in to my car and see what the fault is, the airbag light came on last week while i was away up north, there will be a reward for the helpful person........
    My car is a 54 A4 TDI sport, i am willing to travel to your place or any where suitable if it helps. Many thanks in advance Steve.
  2. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet

buy it !!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Steve_N

Steve_N Derv Power

Why buy it when there may be someone near me that owns it, and can make some beer tokens by helping another member. Failing that i will go to the dealer and pay out for them to take a look. At the end of the day it is not as if i would use myself that much, as i'm happy with my car and dont want to go changing settings.
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Yes someone closer would be an idea, but as you say failing that, you would goto a dealer & pay there very high prices to clear the error if they can via a diag check, but you wouldnt rather spend the money IMHO more wisely on an item that you could potentially clear the error with now & use for future faults & possible mods, I would if I could avoid the dealer hourly rates & use it more wisely if there isnt anyone close to you who would help, check out VRStu whose down your area & see if he would assist, failing that & if interested in getting vagcom, send me a PM mate cause audi charge what £100 an hour or so, so could easily spend the cable cost on there rates to look at the issue.
  5. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet

a couple of trips to the dealer to be plugged in would soon mount up to the cost of a lead, its a great tool to have, then get used to it and help others out for beer tokens maybe.
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Well said wheelie, soon adds up at dealers.
  7. Steve_N

Steve_N Derv Power

Cheers guys, i will consider getting it at some point, but i have had the car 2 years and this is the first fault so fingers crossed there wont be many more. I will PM VRStu and see if he wouldn't mind helping out on this one.
  8. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member

PM sent to you Steve.
  9. Steve_N

Steve_N Derv Power

Big thanks to Gti Jazz Blue for helping me out, airbag light all clear, and will hopefully stay off.:salute:
  10. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member

Glad I could help and thanks for the beer.

Regards

Paul