1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag light...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_Adambsmith, Dec 10, 2005.

1. imported_Adambsmith

imported_Adambsmith Guest

[Dec 10, 2005]
    is coming on whilst driving and then going off and then coming on and then going off etc.

I assume a trip to the dealers is in order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 10, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    is coming on whilst driving and then going off and then coming on and then going off etc.

I assume a trip to the dealers is in order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A trip to the dealer ASAP - it is unlikely put a smack in the chops from an airbag would be unpleasant!
  4. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Dec 10, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably be something to do with the connection to the steering wheel, usualy is........
  5. mikep

mikep Member

[Dec 11, 2005]
    Have you taken a fuse out recently? I think.it's linked to the instrument cluster fuse. When we used to pull fuses to remap Golfs Mk4s and previous model A3s, we needed to pull the instrument cluster fuse, which caused the airbag light to trigger, so it was a quick reset with Vag-Com. But get it checked asap.
  6. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Dec 11, 2005]
    The electronic system on Porsche's after a steering wheel removal, used to put the airbag light on for around 20 start up's after a steering wheel removal occasion, after that it reset itself
  7. Davidb67

Davidb67 Member

[Dec 11, 2005]
    Had this on mine - was a faulty airbag unit aparently, although didn't get to find out which one.
  8. imported_ANNANBHOY

imported_ANNANBHOY Guest

[Dec 12, 2005]
    yeh i had this problem, they said it wont effect it all. got it fixed about 3 weeks after it came on !