1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag light won't come on for MOT. Any help please.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dindanio1, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dindanio1

dindanio1 New Member

Hi guys, I've recently put my car through MOT and I failed because the airbag light didn't come on when the car starts. Any suggestions what this may be and how to fix it. The car is a 2005 audi a3 se if that helps. Many thanks in advance.
  2. pablo

pablo Member

check the led/bulb hasnt been removed or covered over. to mask an airbag fault.
    NHN likes this.
  3. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

As above 1st thing I suspect has been done to hide an obvious fault.
  4. kyleseo

kyleseo New Member

It shouldn't fail for the light not illuminating, it's an advisory point. If the light comes on and stays on then its a fail.
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Uh no, it must have an airbag check light on ignition switch, that must then go out, if not then its a fail, as its a safety system which has to be functional & airbag light on startup & extinguishing advises this, that's what I've been told by a tester at audi aswell.
  6. kyleseo

kyleseo New Member

Rules changed earlier in the year. There is plenty of info on the net from people speaking to VOSA and updated MOT guidelines.

I also had to pop the airbag bulb on the GFs car to get it on the road before I had a chance to sort the actual problem. Passed with an advisory. That was last month and at a VW main dealer. Car is now fixed properly btw.
    sliced likes this.
  7. leegsi

leegsi Member

As above.

Rules changed so its just an advisory now