1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag light an MOT fail?

Benisere Apr 26, 2014

1. Benisere

Benisere Member

So i had a sticky heater fan took out the glove box and had to disconnect the airbag isolator for the passenger seat, fixed the fan now the airbag light is on. Will this fail the MOT if so does anyone know how much it will cost to get the AUDI garage to check and turn off?

Cheers

Ben

2. Connorb5anda

Connorb5anda Member

Pretty sure its an MOT fail, I dont know what Audi charge to remove this but you could track someone down with Vag com they would be able to wipe it

3. Benisere

Benisere Member

just did a quick check and it is! grr only a fairly recent change to the law as well...

4. Connorb5anda

Connorb5anda Member

yeah that sucks but most garages can clear the code - I tihnk there is a Vag com list on the forum somewhere but not sure as im quite new!

5. dancupra225

dancupra225 Active Member

Just get vag com not expensive Ross tech and save bucks mate

6. Benisere

Benisere Member

ill see if anyone local has got it for the time being just need it done before the mot

7. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl VCDS Map User Black Edition

If you want to drive down as far as Sandbach Services I can reset it for you, if you can't find anyone more local.

8. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

"N8" - Kowalski Details - in Salford 20 miles away.

9. Benisere

Benisere Member

10. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

If you were anywhere near Worcester I'd do it for nothing. Only takes 30 seconds.

I cant speak for anyone else - Click---->N8-Private Message

Artimus likes this.