1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag control unit problem: replacement unit?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Alibi, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Alibi

Alibi New Member

[Jan 24, 2014]
    I have an airbag problem that probably requires a new airbag controller. Looking for part number 8D 0 959 655 TD (or possibly TB which is for cars with head airbags which I assume are the ones on the side roof rails above the front doors Need to check if I have them). My car is a 2000X 2.5TDI Quattro Avant tiptronic.

The problem is that the airbag light has come on and won't stay off when reset. A new unit is about £500. I'm told if you get a second hand one with the exact same part number it will work.

I have also seen devices on Ebay that claim to erase crash data and reset the airbag unit. My car hasn't been in any crashes but I thought maybe the unit erroneously thinks it has. Has anyone had any experience of these resetting tools? Do they actually work? I love the car but there comes a point where the cost of repairs makes it uneconomic.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. griswold

griswold Member

[Jan 24, 2014]
  4. griswold

griswold Member

[Jan 24, 2014]
    I could only find the TD version of the ecu on german ebay and was over £200
    I found an ecu locally but was worse than my old one so going to put old one back on and just reset when needed.
    Its the cold that sets mine off.
  5. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

[Jan 24, 2014]
    I can vouch for the reset set tool, cleared mine but just came on after 18 months do just cleared again