airbag connectors seat.

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Ok, I've recently bought some leather seats for my car. I've only just got round to doing the side airbags as I had to order a different connector with them being off the 99.5 facelift model.

I had been driving about for a few weeks without them connected so the airbag light was on.

I have wired everything up, but the airbag lights is still on. The car battery was unplugged for about 1.5 hours, would this have cleared the fault if the wiring is now correct? or do i need to get the error reset. It will cost £29 to get it reset at the cheapest place I could find!!! any suggestions as I'm not due a service yet?

Well im in the same boat , my AIRBAG warning light came on today , so kinda worried of wot it could be!
Have spoken to IAN S3 , and he has very kindly sayed he will hook up his VAG Com and c wot it is wrong! im hoping (and praying) its just a minor fault or needs reset but will keep u all up to date !

Well i dont have side air bags in my seats so its not them then!
its deff either the drivers or passenger.
mate says its a MOT failure(altho not to worried about it as it just passed MOT last week luckly) but also mate says police could put it off the road if they c the light on????? anybody know if true?

BUT to be honest i want it fixed as its a saftey feature !

doubt that it's true as if the light is on then they are most likey disabled, so no different to not having any in the first place. sure u'll sort it out!

Fallmonk,

The MOT does not cover the Airbags, so don't worry about getting into problems with the police. I drove for 2 years with the airbag light on as I had a child seat in the front of my car and had to unplug the passanger airbag. It passed the MOT's no problem.
My light has just come back on about a week ago!!!! Will have to check the front seat connectors and get it reset.

Jim.