Airbag connection

Mark Garfoot

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys trying to fit new interior into my b6, but on the drivers side the plugs are different, the plug on the left is my original plug with 3 wires and the new one is on the right with 2 wires, is there a new harness or wiring mod (apart from a plug change) to get this sorted thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 114
Remove part of the yellow plastic be careful not to break it as you have to put it back on then Get a paper clip and unfold it then poke that into the connetor to unclip the wires then place them into your new block making sure you got the wires in order

Remove part of the yellow plastic be careful not to break it as you have to put it back on then Get a paper clip and unfold it then poke that into the connetor to unclip the wires then place them into your new block making sure you got the wires in order
I've swapped plugs, but I'm still getting a fault on the dash, as there is a unconnected brown wire still in my original plug, I've been told to earth the brown wire, is that correct thanks

You need the code clearing to turn out the light

Looks like you need to connect the brown wire then .. you might have a broken wire in your seat .. they normal break at the bottom of the base just as it bends round to go upwards