1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air system fan

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by ricostuart, Oct 9, 2013.

1. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

[Oct 9, 2013]
    Hi all,

does anyone have any details on how the heater fan in the passanger footwell can be removed? I want to take it all apart to give it an overhall and clean.

Cheers!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 9, 2013]
    What's wrong with it, as if its the main fan unit that plums into the main air housing unit, messing with these can affect the balancing & make a horrible noise when reinstalled & running, which is why its better to fit a replacement if its got an issue.
  4. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

[Oct 9, 2013]
    Its pretty dirty and has a mildew-like smell. I can see that a few fins have weights on them for balancing, so wasnt planning in touching them. Wanted to get the unit out, clean the fins and the housing as well as checking the carbon brushes to see if they need replacing. Also probably give the motor a clean.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 9, 2013]
    TBH by the time you've done that, you could of had a new unit fitted done & dusted mate, but hey I'm all for stripping parts down etc :)

I actually did this to my own unit, but it was fubar, so swapped it out for new.
  6. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

[Oct 9, 2013]
    probably will go down replaceing it at some point, but its a good learning point. Whats the best way to access it to get it out?
  7. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Oct 9, 2013]
    if its not broke an all that
  8. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

[Oct 9, 2013]
    True, but I really want to clean out the system to get any mildew and **** out. Changed the filter again today and that will make a difference, but want it nice and ready for the winter.