1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air quality sensor

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by s3reptdi, May 30, 2013.

1. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

Did a search but couldn't really find anything. Got a fault code for Air quality sensor, anyone every changed one? Where are they? Roughly how much and is it best to use genuine or doesn't it matter?
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Its under the plenum chamber, I cant recall which side, possibly passenger side.
  3. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

is that under the dash or the bonnet? No idea what the plenum chamber looks like?
  4. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

Found it, passenger side, didn't even need to remove the scuttle panel, part number 4B0 907 659 A?
  5. NHN

Yeap.
  6. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

Any idea how much they are? Are they dealer only? There over £30 second hand
  7. Boon

Boon Member

Have you changed the pollen filter? As I had a fault with the sensor on VCDS, changed the filter, cleared codes & it's not come back!

Might be worth trying?
  8. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

No I haven't but I will do, on eBay second hand theyre going for around £35 just rang TPS they're about £22! Ridiculous what some people think they can charge!
  9. NHN

Depends on the fault tbh, if its a no communication, which I've found numerous times, then its a duff sensor or wiring given the sensor is actually external & are you sure its that sensor & not an internal one as there are various ones in the ducting for this system, as this ones mounted externally so one would assume (even if assumption is the mother of all.................) it checks the air coming in pre-filter, not saying this isn't your case, but it would seem strange for the pollen to affect a sensor that's open to the elements as such, if it was post-filter then I could see how it would restrict air & the sensor would maybe read things wrong with no correlation of readings, speculative as not sure how the logic is derived, but hey with cars never can discount something unrelated :)
  10. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

Uh oh so there's more than one air quality sensor? How do I know this is the right one?
  11. NHN

No I didn't say there are more air quality sensors, just other sensors in general.