1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Intake Hose £68

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AndyS3, Sep 7, 2003.

1. AndyS3

AndyS3 Member

2. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice one!
    Do you want to take some pics when you change it? would make an interesting thread!
  3. Jonmurgie

Jonmurgie Member

Damn.. that's a great price!!

I just fitted the Samco Sport Air Intake hose and Turbo Hoses to my S3 over the weekend... was a pain in the arse to do but got there in the end and here are some pics of the hoses compared to the standards (all thumbnails, full size are in my gallery):

Turbo Hoses
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Air Intake Hose
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All Hoses Fitted
    [​IMG]

Click here for full size version in my gallery

All hoses supplied by Forge Motorsport @ www.forgemotorsport.co.uk or call 01452 380999... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers
    Jon
  4. Administrators

5. simont

simont Member

What benefits do these samco hoses provide? are they meant to be good replacements for early S3's which supposedly were prone to hose collapse?

6. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

Do these give any performance gains then? I'm sure there was a rumour on the TT forum of 10-15bhp just from the air intake hose alone - but as always, I'm sceptical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Look good though Jon. Thanks for doing the comparison pics too, thats the sort of thing people need to see.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

AL
  7. Jonmurgie

Jonmurgie Member

Wando - is there an echo....?!?!?!!?

To be honest I didn't really feel any difference in performance... but maybe a quick run on a dyno will show any improvement over standard....

What was stunning is the difference in the strength of the Samco hoses over the standard ones (Air Intake and Turbo hoses). I'm well used to Samco Hoses but was stunned at how weak the standard S3 hoses are (mine's a 2000 'X' reg facelift 210 model). You can totally see how the air intake hose collapses as it is VERY thin/weak at the main big bend (it's concertinaed). Also, the turbo pips seem very weak and on my standards I could pinch the hose together easily even when they were fitted to the car, whereas on the Samco it's nigh on impossible!!

Overall for the money I think they are a worthwhile investment, especially with the price of that Air Intake hose from Awesome... and I know Forge have the Turbo Hoses on special offer right now so there are some bargains to be had!!

Cheers
    Jon
  8. Administrators

yours were particularly a bargain after reading your comments in the gallery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif well earnt! now where is the results of the competition?????