1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

I finally jumped ship, had Stage 1 Revo done today, I was told that a change in air filter would also make a difference, a sponge washable one, was told of some names but cannot remember, Thoughts please people.

2. Haz1

Haz1 Member

I have a MTM racing panel filter, cost me £150 and is meant to increase airflow but 30%. Throttle does feel slightly more responsive and higher speeds are more smoother. And this might be up for grabs later, I've decided to get a bigger induction kit, I was given the kit at such an offer that it would be rude to refuse :icon_thumright:

3. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

thanks for reply, I do want just a straight swap one, I just dont want to push my luck warranty wise

4. Haz1

Haz1 Member

5. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

Ahh Sorry, thats one expensive filter, I was told about £40-00 or so, I take it s washable and reusable, so its for life

6. Haz1

Haz1 Member

Yes this one is for life and washable (like most of them) the ones which go for £40 or £ 50 are the green cotton, K&N and ITG to name a few. But I know the MTM one is expensive but if your really interested I can do a really good price on the one I have (i've only used it for about 300 miles)

7. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

Pm me with what you want, I do want to upgrade the air filter, might as well as I have done the remap

8. Haz1

Haz1 Member

PM sent :icon_thumright:

9. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

should he not be interested i may be haha :icon_thumright:

10. Haz1

Haz1 Member

No problem bud

11. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

I have an ITG panel filter in mine - cost me £20 but think they are around £40-50 new!

12. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

Is the panel any use what so ever after stage 1 while I save up to get an ITG CAI and Stage 2?

13. dc240969

dc240969 Member VCDS Map User

theres one born every minute.

14. Shane.

Shane. Member

I have a K&N Panel filter, cost me just under £40 iirc some place on ebay

15. Haz1

Haz1 Member

You mean a MTM fanboy, I know im with the minority with the likes of revo and gaic fanboys out there, but they have given me a great service and out of loyalty i've stuck with them, that's all not because one is better then the other. Plus my local revo dealer just went t*ts up (glasgow drivers) and is closing down, and the other nearest dealer is about 80 miles away in fife.

16. dc240969

no, 'cost me £150'.
    would that be performance HQ? There is a mobile one in Perth. Bridge of Earn to be exact.

17. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Green Panel Filter £45ish that'll be your best cheap route & MTM are just a rip of full stop IMHO & I agree if you paid £150 for that then you must be a mug, sorry but its a panel filter, christ for that you could have bought a completely new induction system or close to huh.

18. Haz1

Haz1 Member

Ill bear the Perth one in mind. MTM have promised me a stage 2+ remap but if they fail to impress, I will be going to revo. Plus the reason I got the mtm filter was to keep audi happy to with warranty, I know it was a bump but since the car's coming out of warranty soon, Ive already planned on getting the ITG 'stage 2' induction kit, really can't wait.

19. dc240969

Go for it mate. Revo is the way you need to go. GIAC is ok but with Revo you can set you own settings. Not a lot of info on MTM going around.