1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air filter...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_vando, Jul 22, 2005.

1. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

[Jul 22, 2005]
    Was thinking about getting a replacement filter for the standard airbox as I can't afford an induction kit at the moment, but I've read and heard some things about an uprated filter from someone like K&N can cause the MAF to go wrong. But it also seems from what I've read that the MAF is quite likely to go wrong anyway so I'm not too sure what to do.

I'm not expecting changing it to give me any kind of performance gain I just was hoping for it to make a bit of induction noise under acceleration! Just because I want it to!

Cheers for any help/advice!

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

[Jul 22, 2005]
    I have a green panel filter and it seems to work well,not much more of a sound though.I think you would have to go for a full induction kit if you want the sound.
  4. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

[Jul 22, 2005]
    Did you notice any difference when you put it in?

I would like a full induction kit but to get it out of the hot engine bay needs quite a bit of work!
  5. ianhg

ianhg Member

[Jul 22, 2005]
    I am curretnly sorting out the hot air problem on my induction kit, when finished with a modified airbox it should get plenty of cool air
  6. Defratos

Defratos YouÂ’re Dethpicable!!

[Jul 23, 2005]