air filter suggestions

Adam-D

Reaction score
i have a 2.6 v6,

just wondering on your opinions on what air filter to put in, i dont want a induction kit

more prefer a panel filter, just wnondering what make?

ive had k&n in the past just wondering if the audi like a different filter better??

standard air box, shaved inside, short ram tube from bottom into cooler air and a standard OEM paper Panel.
dynos on various setups showed that flows the most.

K&N oils up your MAF (or it can)

take the air box out, remove panel filter, take dremmel, grinder, sandpaper, rough stone or stanley knife to the inside of the box to remove all the fins, vanes, ducting, support buttresses from the inside surface.
on the lower side of it I cut a 3" hole and fitted a peice of spare silicon piping that points down behind the bumper to let in more and hopefully cooler air.
I have a 1.8t whihc already has a neat little scoop directly air into the airbox, leave that there if you have one.

if you do a search on vwvortex you should find the guy who did the origianl and all the gas flow analysis on teh various combos

take the air box out, remove panel filter, take dremmel, grinder, sandpaper, rough stone or stanley knife to the inside of the box to remove all the fins, vanes, ducting, support buttresses from the inside surface.
on the lower side of it I cut a 3" hole and fitted a peice of spare silicon piping that points down behind the bumper to let in more and hopefully cooler air.
I have a 1.8t whihc already has a neat little scoop directly air into the airbox, leave that there if you have one.

if you do a search on vwvortex you should find the guy who did the original and all the gas flow analysis on teh various combos