1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Filter Problem

Ashc11TT Jun 26, 2010

1. Ashc11TT

Ashc11TT Member

Hi Guys, im looking into fitting an induction kit, but on my car (see below) coming off my air filter is a cable of some sort, does anyone know what this is, and what i would do with it when installing my induction kit?

thanks..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. 5teve L

5teve L Member

Are you talking about the one that goes into the MAF unit ?
    Anyway unscrew the air box from the MAF, there are 2 screws & then the filter goes onto the end of the MAF :)

3. Ashc11TT

Ashc11TT Member

Hi im taling about the plug with the metal clip around in the centre of the pic (not the jubille clip)

any ideas? its just if i take all that off then im going to be left with that cable :(
    sorry not very clued up on it..

also there seems to be some other cables that are joined to the box aswell round the back side of the box.. :(

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  4. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

That is your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. Very important part for your car for fuelling, power, timing etc.

Basically do not remove it.

Nathan

5. Ashc11TT

Ashc11TT Member

Hi, i see, ok well im guessing that the induction kit for my car will incorparate that then??

im looking at a BMC CDA induction kit..

thanks for the info

6. ikbenben

ikbenben Belgium S3 driver

The BMC CDA screws on to the MAF housing ;)

7. Ashc11TT

Ashc11TT Member

Hi, sweet! ok thats good to know, also i have some other cables going into the back of the current air box, do you know what those are?

thnx

8. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Dont buy a BMC CDA, either smooth out your original airbox and fit a green cotton panel filter and remove the snorkel air feed into the box, or fit a green cotton cone filter.

9. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

thats not very bling though

10. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

carbonio ftw!