Air Filter Cleaning Kits

Black-Hat

Reaction score
Does the brand of the cleaning kit matter or not?

I have a green cotton cone filter but would any cleaning kit do or only green??

Throw it in the bin and buy an S2000 filter, it will perform better and cost less than the kit.

I was going to ask about this the other day my jetex could do with a clean I hadn't thought of hoovering it

Good one Westy my girlfriend already says I'm obsessed with the car she would be seriously worried if she saw me sneaking bits of it into the shower. Are the k&n cleaning kits ok to use on the jetex

Reactions: m19lte
Currently I have thoughts of Westy in the shower with a big blue Jetex on his pecker...

Flol, some thoughts cannot be unthought.

Currently I have thoughts of Westy in the shower with a big blue Jetex on his pecker...

Flol, some thoughts cannot be unthought.

The best way to clean it is to put it on your pecker and spin it round ;)

Seriously though all the oil free filters don't need anything fancy bu a bit of soapy water and a Hoover.

Might I just chip in with a small sales pitch for the S2000 filter here...

S2000 filter is £13.

A Jetex is £45, and needs cleaning every 10,000 miles (roughly) or annually.

If you purchased a paper S2000 filter you could get three and a half S2000 filters for the price of one Jetex; meaning 35,000 miles or three and a half years for the price of one Jetex.

Just to offer the other option. The S2000 filter probably won't look as nice as the Jetex or Green or whatever you have, but it would offer arguably better filtration for the same money are you are looking to buy a cleaning kit for. And over the next three years it would cost you as much as if you bought a new "generic" cone filter during that time.

Which chances are, you probably will.

That is all :)

Thanks all. The s2000 filter does look like a good option if I hadn't of spent big money on the green cotton one so would be silly to bin it for the sake of £15 and the cleaning kit should last many cleans.