1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Filter Box

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by paul-psa, Mar 5, 2014.

1. paul-psa

paul-psa Member

Hello, got home from work tonight and thought my 2.0 tdi sline a4 sounded abit throaty! got out the car to rev a little more and then thought the exhaust was blowing a little? lifted the bonnet and got the wife to sit in the car and rev it again and it was the air filter box vibrating horribly soon as I put my hand on it, the noise stopped and i realised this was the culprit.

I cant see anything loose, the box seems reasonably tight and screwed down ok, but with a very annoying vibration?

I have not had any service work done recently, and i can't recall this sound in the past?

Does anyone else have same issue or is this just me, and they all do this ? maybe I've just not noticed in the past?

Anyone have a suggestion how to stop it?

Thankyou

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. matt.russell

matt.russell Active Member

Im not 100% but i will look tomorrow but usually the air filter sits in rubber holes maybe its popped out ? like i said not 100% as ive not had a good look at mine yet :D