air filter and tip advice

jamspoon1991

Reaction score
i am looking for a air filter and a tip for my a3 1.8t agu witha ko3s turbo on
i have seen a few ideas....
i have heard the s2000 air filter works really well but needs heat shielding ? any ideas on it or other ones ??
the tip i was thinking forge but any ideas or anything ?? any advice is welcome :)

Heatshielding is a waste of time on these cars, Not sure what TIP i have (came with the car) but i have the s2000 filter and love it. only problem with sticking it onto a car with a Ko3s is that you'll have to buy a adaptor to fit onto the MAF (something along the lines of 70-80mm reducer) can pick them up nice and cheap from ebay.

I run the s2000 filter and there have been proven gains in air flow compared to filters like k&n and Jetex.

As for the tip sfs do a super size one where it is less restrictive than others out there. Forge one will fit your current maf but if your planning on going to a vr6 housing and yellow / red top injectors then a sfs / rtech one would be a good choice.

think i will go for the s2000 one for defo then thanks
and the tip if i go for the sfs one where would i get one ? have you got a link?
and jayA3 your only down the road from me i am from gravesend ? you got any spares going lol?

If you get the s2000 filter don't forget the reducer like lavis said. eBay or contact sfs direct with regards to the tip.

I have odds and ends like a smoothed out air box with a new piper cross panel filter. But not many running them these days I don't think.

Can't remember what else I have.

Is yours just standard at the moment? Unmapped?

ok fair mate and yeah apart from the ko3s turbo and single mass clutch instead of dual, i got interxooler and coilovers ready ti go on but thats avout it mate

eemm as far as i know standard mate i bought the car of a close friend sho swapped most of the stuff i done the clutch, but everything else is standard on it mate just been looking for best options :)