1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

air filter and tip advice

jamspoon1991 Oct 27, 2013

1. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

i am looking for a air filter and a tip for my a3 1.8t agu witha ko3s turbo on
    i have seen a few ideas....
    i have heard the s2000 air filter works really well but needs heat shielding ? any ideas on it or other ones ??
    the tip i was thinking forge but any ideas or anything ?? any advice is welcome :)

2. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi A3

Heatshielding is a waste of time on these cars, Not sure what TIP i have (came with the car) but i have the s2000 filter and love it. only problem with sticking it onto a car with a Ko3s is that you'll have to buy a adaptor to fit onto the MAF (something along the lines of 70-80mm reducer) can pick them up nice and cheap from ebay.

3. Jay A3

Jay A3 #because Racecar Team Daytona Audi A3 Manual

I run the s2000 filter and there have been proven gains in air flow compared to filters like k&n and Jetex.

As for the tip sfs do a super size one where it is less restrictive than others out there. Forge one will fit your current maf but if your planning on going to a vr6 housing and yellow / red top injectors then a sfs / rtech one would be a good choice.

4. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

think i will go for the s2000 one for defo then thanks
    and the tip if i go for the sfs one where would i get one ? have you got a link?
    and jayA3 your only down the road from me i am from gravesend ? you got any spares going lol?

5. Jay A3

If you get the s2000 filter don't forget the reducer like lavis said. eBay or contact sfs direct with regards to the tip.

I have odds and ends like a smoothed out air box with a new piper cross panel filter. But not many running them these days I don't think.

Can't remember what else I have.

Is yours just standard at the moment? Unmapped?

6. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

ok fair mate and yeah apart from the ko3s turbo and single mass clutch instead of dual, i got interxooler and coilovers ready ti go on but thats avout it mate

7. Jay A3

What filter & tip you currently running?

8. jamspoon1991

jamspoon1991 New Member

eemm as far as i know standard mate i bought the car of a close friend sho swapped most of the stuff i done the clutch, but everything else is standard on it mate just been looking for best options :)