1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air filter again! size?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by griswold, Aug 2, 2010.

1. griswold

griswold Member

OK after i removed my german(kn) panel filter and replaced with paper one it doesn't sound the same
    So maybe i may try a cone filter to see what it sounds like?
    What size diameter would i need? 75mm? rather buy the right size than use rings to get to fit.

Not after anything chavvy sounding but it has a nice rumble now maybe it sound a touch better?
    who knows worth a try?
  2. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

I run a K&N cone on mine with no issues whatsoever. I have recorded no notable increase in power 1-2bhp but contrary to popular belief I have also recorded no loss in power either. When the filter was new I had to clean the MAF sensor a couple of times as the filter was quite heavily oiled. Since though there have been no issues and when the filter was removed the TIP was nice and clean.

If it's on your turbo then it won't be noisy, you get a slight whoosh from the turbo and the recirculating dump valve sound becomes far more audible but that's about it. Think I paid £56 from Euro Car Parts.

HTH