Air Con

hays60

Reaction score
Hi

My aircon is cool on the low setting, but if I open the vents on 18 degrees and upwards I notice much warmer air than I would have expected. Seems to stabalise on longer trips

Do you think it needs a regas ?

I think that's just how it works.

It's climate control so behaves differently to regular air-con. If you set the required cabin temperature to 18 and set it to Auto and the current cabin temperature is, for example 12 degrees, the climate control will pump out hotter air at a greater volume until the cabin temperature reaches the required temperature. Once it's there, the temperature and volume of the air being output will be reduced to maintain your preset cabin temperature.

I think if you have climate control set to Econ, it will just pump out heated air at whatever temperature you have asked for (and carry on pumping it out) but it won't be "conditioned" air. It'll just act like a "dumb" blower from a non-conditioned car.

Thanks

That does make sense. I'll keep an eye on it although I don't think it's getting cold enough on low so - not a problem at the moment but I do like it cold in the summer !

I've only had it a few months and only had dumb aircon before, so it is hard to tell

Hays:blackrs4:

i thnk the aircon compressor shuts off at low temperatures to protect it so air con does'nt work when the weather is really cold. this might be why it does'nt seem to work as well lately.