1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air con smell!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Marko, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Marko

Marko Member

For some reason, all of a sudden the air coming in the car smells. It's like a stale, musty smell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif I've had the climate control working all winter and even had it low without any smell.

This morning I had to turn it off and open the window. Does anyone know what could cause this and how I can cure it? Any suggestions appreciated as I really want to be able to use cooling at present.

Regards

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Marko

Marko Member

Just read somewhere that the evaporator drain tube can get blocked. Anyone tackled this problem before?

4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team V6 Team Tornado quattro Black Edition s tronic Audi S4

Also, if you haven't already done so, change the pollen filter, and get one of those Comma anti-bacterial air-con cleaning aerosols from Halfords.

5. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

yep; its a build up of bacteria (eeeukkk!)...

6. timboukvw

timboukvw Member

mine smells of cats piss sometime.

not nice!

halfrauds it is then!!!!