1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air con problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by doublem_1, Jul 14, 2013.

1. doublem_1

doublem_1 Member

I have a 52 reg A3. It has the digital climate control. However, what with this warm weather there is a bit of an issue! The air con on the coldest setting is blowing out luke warm air. The gas is filled up, fuses fine. Last summer it worked a treat. Anyone had a similar issue?
  2. carl-1968

carl-1968 A4 Derv for sale ask me for details!

check compressor clutch?, friend of mine has similar issue with A4, have you run vcds to check for any faults?
  3. doublem_1

doublem_1 Member

Not checked any codes yet. How do I check the compressor clutch? The engine not does change slightly when changing from air con to econ.
  4. carl-1968

carl-1968 A4 Derv for sale ask me for details!

The engine should load up, i.e your should hear a deffinite click as the compressor kicks in and this is sometimes accompained with a change in revs the A/C fan may also cut in as well, depends on the system demand, I hate to say it but I believe halfords do a free check on the A/C system and if they cannot fix it there is no charge, but check this out before letting them look at it, hope this helps out?
    Cheers
    Carl
  5. Mikey3000

Mikey3000 New Member

Exactly the same problem my friend. I work with a lot of brand new cars which really highlights the difference in performance of air conditioning between my 14 year old A3 and those. I get warm air at best from mine - absolutely killer in this weather :(