Air con noise - any help appreciated!

Arkious

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to identify a fault with my RS3. I've posted here to try and get it to the masses, if anyone could help identify it I would much appreciate it!

A bit background information.... it only happens when the aircon is switched off. It seems to only occour if I've gone for a drive, stopped for a bit and then gone out reasonably quick again after, say about 30-45mins after switching it off. Audi have replaced the air con pump and refreshed the gas.

It's been in 4 times and they are stumped as much as I. Here is the video recorded from inside the car, hopefully someone can help.

Clutch for the compressor?

I have the same noise occurring with AC on however just a lot quieter

I'd guess that was changed along with the new pump?

Same fault when on, got a video? That's really strange!

try to turn off the air con, but leave the fan on (normal air) if it go away, concentrate on air con. if it not, probably is bearing from fan.

That is the noise with the air con off, and it doesn't matter if the internal air fan is on or off that still happens :(

so seem to be air con clutch trying to engage also if it's off, you can try to meanwhile this occurs turn ac on then off and see if helps.