1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Con / Heaters

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ANNANBHOY, Nov 23, 2006.

1. ANNANBHOY

ANNANBHOY Livin' It Up !

anyone had any problems with theirs ?

my heaters work for maybe 30-40 mins then suddenly the hot air or cold air doestn seem to come out ! it makes a load of nice as if its working but it doesnt seem to get any warmer even if on the high setting ! In fact it even blows cold air out on occasions whilst on the highest setting !

cheers
  2. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

Do you have Climate, Auto Air Con or Manual Air Con?
    Is it because the interior has reached the right temperature? Unless you have manual aircon what you're setting is the ambient temperature not the air temp coming out of the vents.
  3. ANNANBHOY

ANNANBHOY Livin' It Up !

its climate ?

but if i have it on 28 degrees its about 18 degrees ! trust me its defiantely fecked !
  4. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

If it works initially then it suggests one of your sensors. A point to note is that the temp you set on the display does not equate to an actual temp in the car - it's a temp it 'feels like' to the occupant i.e. comfort level. Different manufacturers set different levels based on customter expectations. Interestingly my new audi at 19C feels the same to me as my old Seat Leon at 22C...

Does it behave the same when Auto is off and Econ on?