1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Con Guru Required

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3-Lee, Jul 29, 2014.

1. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

[Jul 29, 2014]
    Hi currently working on a audi a3 8p 2004 with climatronic the ac does not work and i have this fault code from vcds.

00797 - sunlight photo sensor (G107)
    009-Open Circuit or short to ground

i have replaced the sensor with a new part from tps and the fault still will not clear also how can i tell if the ac pump is running as it is supposed to run all the time so cannot check for clutch kicking in I have also noticed the cooling fan isn't running either with climate on

All input welcome

Thanks Lee
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Member

[Jul 29, 2014]
    Is the Econ working as it should, not stuck on? Im not a guru but im willing to attempt to help. :p
  4. j4yvw

j4yvw New Member

[Jul 29, 2014]
    Hi I had a recent aircon issue. Had econ light intermittantly on so had it regassed but still the same, I looked into the forum and found common issue is the g65 pressure sensor fails the problem with mine was that the senseor was leaking internally. I have changed the sensor and had the car regassed and all is good now.
    Make sure you have checked and cleaned the relevant aircon fuses and contacts first before moving to changing parts.
  5. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

[Jul 29, 2014]
    Right I've checked all fuses - all good

System is re gassed and has a new pressure sensor econ works as it should and vcds sees the ac off signal when econ pressed cheers lee