1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air con experts?? Help please...head scratcher!

Discussion in 'Air Conditioning' started by Phil_H, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Phil_H

Phil_H Member

[Jul 23, 2011]
    Right...I've had about enough now :)

I bought a A3 TDi Quattro a while ago 2002(8L) and the Aircon has neve rworked. I had it re-gassed as it was low and thought this may be the issue, but no still didn't work.

On the plug to the compressor I have a good earth, and only 2 Voltsr? Magnetic clutch fuse is fine as are any other fuses in the system.

I've shorted out the pressure switches and it makes no difference. VCDS comes up with a fault "Short or open circuit on No1 Fan controller" this may or may not be part of the problem, I replaced a burnt out fan motor, big fan now works but the fault won't clear, changed the fan controller relay (under the battery) but still can't clear the fault.

Anything else I can try?

Also the fans come on after i turn the ignition off...for exactly 10mins, is this built into the system?..its regardless of temp, i can get in first thing in the morning, turn the ignition on, then off again and they run for 10mins!

Any help or ideas welcomed!

Cheers
    Phil
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Rick.S3

Rick.S3 Member