Air bag light on

bad-vw-boy

Reaction score
hi , i have just picked a S4 and the airbag light has come on , on the dash, is this something i can fix or do i need to go to Audi.

You need to get yourself vagcom. That way you can find out why its come on and once fixed you can clear the fault code.

Its most likely the connector under one of the seats for the side airbag.

Genuine Vagcom is around £200-250ish, however if thats too much you can buy a basic lead from ebay for about a tenner, which you can use with the trial version of the software and do the basics, such as reading and clearing codes.

has anyone in the guildford area got a vagcom??

Mine did this and it was the connection under the drivers seat as already suggested.

I found a small connector under the seat not great connection if I am to be honest If you fiddle with it ,it falls off so it might be that will the light go off imediatly ?

i've got it showing on mine. but we have worked out its the clockwork spring in the steering wheel

Mine came on three days ago... after using a service reset tool I purchased on ebay.... didn't clear service 2 either!

Didn't know you could.... You live and you learn though!
Any ideas if that couldve been the problem?

Possibly. I can only suggest getting a vagcom lead and finding out what is actually wrong with the controller.