Air bag light on grrrr

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My air bag is on had it scanned and it says drivers side igniter , does anyone know how much this will cost to fix as its doing my head in now lol and I want to get it done before the new law comes in for mot's , is it the kind of thing I could have a auto electrician do or is it audi only

Check the connections under the seat before you spend on new airbags. Make sure that the terminals are clean, tight and the wires aren't being pulled/stretched.
You should be able to see them underneath the seat.

Were you able to solve your problem?
My warning light comes on and stays on for undetermined time (1 second - 3 minutes), then it comes off for few seconds (again undetermined). Also, when I started self-checking - clock/speedo cluster, the light came off, and it stayed off for 5 minutes.

Scan your car to see which airbag is at fault then trace it through.

The sensor costs around £70/75, had to replace one of mine, easy job (if its the one im thinking of, under the bonnet, at the front)

Scan your car to see which airbag is at fault then trace it through.
scanned it well with the hand held device in work and it says drivers side airbag igniter , any ideas nige , not had chance to fix it yet no moneys spare lol

Were you able to solve your problem?
My warning light comes on and stays on for undetermined time (1 second - 3 minutes), then it comes off for few seconds (again undetermined). Also, when I started self-checking - clock/speedo cluster, the light came off, and it stayed off for 5 minutes.
not as of yet mate no money spare right now will get it sorted one day hopefully lol

mine use to say that.
I stripped the plugs gave it all a good clean, check and rebuilt it. Been fine ever since.
what plugs dude the yellow one ?? , how would i go about stripping it easy job I'm willing to try anything once , tried unplugging it and plugging it back in a few times as advised by my mate who is a auto sparky

what plugs dude the yellow one ?? , how would i go about stripping it easy job I'm willing to try anything once , tried unplugging it and plugging it back in a few times as advised by my mate who is a auto sparky

that's what I did first.
not sure what they are on yours but on mine its the yellow and red/brownish on.
tilt the seat back so you can see and have greater access to plugs.
unplug them from the seat and make sure each contact is clean and shiny and no exposed cables (as said above).
There should be a purple bit of locking plastic on the plug, remove this and depending on the plug, you should be able to remove the pin and cable to take a better look at its condition.

when you got it all off its should be easy to see how they come apart.

Reactions: FranA3
cheers beaut will see what i can do hope it cures it , not tried undoing the battery yet either to see if that does anything prob won't tho as I've got the worst luck in the world lol

Check in the rear of the seat, have to remove rear seat panel, the connector may have come undone as it has another connector inside there aswell as under the seat, try checking all the connector pins for any corrosion, build up etc & scratch the pins either side to see if its a bad conductive point.

it is wise to disconnect your battery and leave for about 30 mins whenever you are working with air bags as last thing you want to do is short it out and set it off

You'd like to think it goes without saying for Fran :)