1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air bag light - on for no reason after removing dials?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Michael2013, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Michael2013

Michael2013 New Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Good evening,

Tonight I removed the clocks from the car to fit some new chrome rings around the dials etc, I put it all back together turned the car on and now the bloomin air bag light is lit, I don't understand what I could have dislodged/knocked to have this happen.

A couple of other things I did, not sure if these could be responsible,

- removed centre console (one around handbrake, not stereo, did this as I wanted to clean under it
    - removed the panel over the fuses next to the drivers door, did this as needed access to bolts to remove large part under the steering wheel.

I'm annoyed as now I have to have it switched off, and I don't have the equipment to fault find etc.

Any ideas on how I could have done this by doing the above would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
    Michael.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. hollow

hollow Active Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    when you remove the power to the dash ,it brings up the airbag light ,needs vcds to reset the light.
  4. Michael2013

Michael2013 New Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Thank you very much for the reply, I'm sorry I'm new to all this, what is vcds? and if its some kind of equipment I need to get to do this, would you mind pointing me in the right direction to purchase it,

many thanks.
  5. hollow

hollow Active Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    vcds is a diagnostic tool/cable it isnt cheap however for a genuine one , there are clones available but do not buy vcds lite its cheap admitedly but you are restricted to using it on older models . it works on all the vag group cars
    you can do alot with vcds recode modules ,add keys etc, diagnose faults reset fault codes and service lights .

you could however ask in general chat if there is anyone local to you to do a diagnosis and reset the light , usually for a few beer tokens or even free if your lucky .
    if you were closer i would gladly do it for you for nothing .

google is your freind for what you need
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  6. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Michael have a look on the vcds users map,click on the blue balloons in your area identifying members who have vcds.
  7. Michael2013

Michael2013 New Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Thank you very much for your help, I will look into this now :thumbsup:
  8. Michael2013

Michael2013 New Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Excellent thank you very much