Air bag light - on for no reason after removing dials?

Michael2013

Reaction score
Website
www.luxury-detail.co.uk
Good evening,

Tonight I removed the clocks from the car to fit some new chrome rings around the dials etc, I put it all back together turned the car on and now the bloomin air bag light is lit, I don't understand what I could have dislodged/knocked to have this happen.

A couple of other things I did, not sure if these could be responsible,

- removed centre console (one around handbrake, not stereo, did this as I wanted to clean under it
- removed the panel over the fuses next to the drivers door, did this as needed access to bolts to remove large part under the steering wheel.

I'm annoyed as now I have to have it switched off, and I don't have the equipment to fault find etc.

Any ideas on how I could have done this by doing the above would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Michael.

when you remove the power to the dash ,it brings up the airbag light ,needs vcds to reset the light.

Thank you very much for the reply, I'm sorry I'm new to all this, what is vcds? and if its some kind of equipment I need to get to do this, would you mind pointing me in the right direction to purchase it,

many thanks.

vcds is a diagnostic tool/cable it isnt cheap however for a genuine one , there are clones available but do not buy vcds lite its cheap admitedly but you are restricted to using it on older models . it works on all the vag group cars
you can do alot with vcds recode modules ,add keys etc, diagnose faults reset fault codes and service lights .

you could however ask in general chat if there is anyone local to you to do a diagnosis and reset the light , usually for a few beer tokens or even free if your lucky .
if you were closer i would gladly do it for you for nothing .

google is your freind for what you need

Last edited:
Michael have a look on the vcds users map,click on the blue balloons in your area identifying members who have vcds.