air bag control unit

hacek

www.a4-klub.pl
Reaction score
i have air bag light on , tried to restet it with vag com but can't , i was told the air bag control unit is faultly, has anyone had it replaced or repaired??? thanks for any info.

have you sorted whatever caused the fault ?

what did vag-com say the error was ?

had to get mine looked at several times in the end it was just the plug uderneath the drivers seat that needed pushing back together!

faulty sensor code is 8D0 959 655F, will have it done in august when i go on holiday to Poland

still have the problem , went to Audi today , new airbag controler 280 +vat =330 pounds, bargain. i didn't buy it yet.

get a second hand one from a crash damaged vehicle, usually comes with bags, just sell the bags

satans child , the part number i need is 8D0 959 655F my car has 10 airbags. if this is the one you have i'd be interested

in the meantime i found this http://www.airbagsforsale.com/home , they claim they can fix mine for 80 pounds

i will take a look for you on sunday night and let you know
its on top of my wardrobe in a box ready to post if anyone wanted it
ill let you know asap....:icon_thumright:

i have this problem too, my audi guy says he fixed it , light came back on, tells me to move seat around and should go off, seems to me that hes fobbin me off ......

thanks satans child ,i think i'll send my off for repair in november. I'll let you guys know if it works.

I was told that the connector block under the drivers seat is dodgy so i squeezed it tight with acable tie .light no come on since Audi wanted to replace the drivers bag cost £300 plus

well, airbag ECU taken out and sent for repair , will let you know in about 10 days the outcome

update

i did send it for a repair, in fact had to send it 3 times , every time it came back , we connected it and it still said internal module error, after 3 go's they gave me the money back(£80).
i got a new unit from the stealers for £330, had it fitted and codded toady and for the first time since i bought the car i have NO stupid AIRBAG light on, £400 lighter but happy.

Hi.
I have an airbag light on, i've checked all the under seat plugs and cleared codes with VAG-COM (proper ross-teck) but they came on again.

2 Faults Found:
00589 - Airbag Igniter 1: Passenger Side (N131)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent
00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent

I think the car may have been in a crash in the past so mabe somthing need resetting or changing. Both airbags ar ok and pluged in but i duno about the module.

Any help welcome.
Olly

Olly,
The problem is down to the connectors under the seats. Newer cars use gold plated connectors that resolve the High Resistance issue.
The only thing you can do is the following -
Directly solder the wires together.
There should be 2 connectors, one with 1 wire and one with 2 wires.
Cut the plugs off and solder the wires together, insulate with tape to prevent a short.
Make sure your ignition is off and that the soldering iron is earthed to the chassis, most soldering irons have the ability to do this, will prevent any accidential airbag deployments.
I have done this to my car and the airbag light have never come back.
Should take about 20 mins per side. You might have to remove the front seat runner connection to allow you to hinge the seat back to access the wires, otherwise if you have small hands you might be OK.
Jim.

:o.k: thanks for that. I take it you can never take the front seats out after doing this?
So the plugs may look pluged in but still do not have a good enough conection?

The connection on the plugs cause the High Resistance fault.

You can remove the seats if required, however you will have to re-solder the wires back together!

Jim.

ANY AIRBAG ISSUES CALL AIRBAGSFORSALE.COM, THEY REPAIR ANY AIRBAG ECU'S MOST SEATBELT PRE-TENSIONERS AND CAN SUPPLY ALL SORTS OF AIRBAGS, THERE AMAZING!!!

ASK FOR A GUY CALLED SAM HE'S USUALLY THE CHEAPEST AND ANY PROBLAMS HE'LL SORT STRAIGHT THE WAY.

01455 233373
THEY ARE IN LEICESTERSHIRE.